Click here to complete the Marriage License Pre-Application
The eMarriage program is an online marriage license pre-application that will save applicants time once they arrive at the Clerk’s Office to obtain a marriage license. By using the eMarriage web application, all information required by the State of Florida for the issuance of a marriage license may be collected online at the applicant’s convenience. Using the application will reduce time spent at the Clerk’s Office because applicants will not have to complete an in-person paper marriage license application. The online pre-application is valid for 60 calendar days from the date of submission.
There is a three (3) day waiting period for Florida residents that have not completed a premarital preparation course from a qualified course provider. If the premarital course has been taken, the applicants must bring a certificate of completion when they appear in-person for final license application processing.
When using the eMarriage Application System, applicants must perform the following steps:
- Read the disclaimer and, if in agreement, accept the terms and conditions.
- Understand that by filling out the online application, both applicants must still appear before a marriage license clerk and meet the State of Florida requirements for a marriage license. Completing the online form does not constitute a marriage.
- Enter information in all the required fields and submit the pre-application. The information will then be sent to a processing queue.
- If successful, an on-screen confirmation will indicate that the online pre-application is complete.
- Within 60 days of completing the online pre-application, both parties must appear together before a marriage license clerk with proper identification and a valid form of payment for final application processing. Report to the Marriage License Division, room A225 of the Government Center at 590 S. Commerce Ave., Sebring, Florida 33870. A picture ID, such as a driver's license, state ID card, or valid passport is proper identification. Accepted payment types include cash, checks, and credit/debit cards.
- The previously mentioned three (3) day waiting period does not begin until both parties appear together before a marriage license clerk to complete the application process.
- During in-person final application processing, the marriage license clerk will determine if the application can be accepted.