Click here to enter the Jury Portal to complete your jury summons forms.
A person can be excused for the following reasons:
- Served within one year.
- Expectant mother, OR parent not employed full time who has custody of a child under 6 years of age.
- Person 70 years of age or older.
- Full time law enforcement or investigative personnel.
- Practicing attorney or physician (at discretion of court).
- Medical impairment (attach doctor's statement).
- Responsible for the care of someone who is mentally or physically incapable of caring for him/herself (attach doctor's statement).
- Full time student between 18 and 21 years of age.
NOTE: A person is not eligible for jury duty for the following reasons: Under prosecution for any crime. Convicted felon, civil rights not restored. No longer reside in Highlands County. Declared incompetent by Court of Law. Not a citizen of the United States.
Please call (863) 402-6766 or (863) 402-6767 after 5:00 P.M. the day before you are to report.